Wednesday, 29 July 2009
one of the last trips home from Rochester.
a fun postcard from Tasha.
Tommy and Oliver
Ok, so now I'm a graduated being I am also a struggling artist. I have been doing my internship with a great artist since the beginning of July but I'm on a wee break from that at the moment. But when that finishes for good, crikey. I do have plenty of things I want to do though. I think it's time for a list.
1) learn to make pastry. My grandmother was apparently an exquisite magic pastry maker so it would be interesting to see if I have inherited this gift. My memories of food tech at school don't serve me too well, but you never know.
2) TRAVEL. Oh god, I'm desperate to do this but at the moment health and money stand in the way.
3) organise some sort of studio/home set up... without the need for an extension.
4) redecorate/reorganise my room so it could possibly become half studio.
5) have a gallery day every fortnight
6) find some kind of artist/photographic collective perhaps
7) research MA's (but not in a hurry to do this at the moment)
8) go to Devon because a) I want to see Jo again and b) I have an idea for a piece of work but it has to be made there
9) keep in contact with the lovely people from university
10) have an actual rest which leaves me rested
I'm glad I put pastry first.